Thursday, May 8, 2014

Truth + Hope = New Freedom!

I love the month of May! Not only is it my birthday month and I find great joy in celebrating with loved ones, but May also symbolizes hope and new beginnings. The sun has finally begun to come out in Seattle. Last week I even felt the cool fresh grass under my feet. It was actually warm enough—for an hour at least—to go barefoot. Thank God! I am so ready to be coming out of an intense and long winter hibernation. And I know I’m not the only one.

Have you been clearing a lot of “old stuff” these past several months? From what I’ve seen with my clients as well. many of us have been in the chrysalis phase, doing lots of inner reorganizing and releasing of limiting beliefs about what is possible for our lives. So if you don’t feel like you’re year has taken off yet, new momentum is coming. Hopefully you can feel the stirring of new possibility and renewed hope as you to begin to emerge as your butterfly self. This is an excellent time to move toward what is calling your heart.  

We’ve needed this letting go phase because the rules of life and success are changing. The old ways of struggle and strife, competition and scarcity just aren’t sustainable any more. Beliefs that we’re in this alone and must work harder to push through have taken us as far as they can. This kind of thinking has exacted its heavy toll on the planet and on each of us individually. I don’t even have to say it because you’ve experienced it—the price is exhaustion, apathy and burnout. 

For example, last spring, I published my book, The Magic of Saying Yes: Answering Your Heart’s True Calling. Promptly thereafter I received my own heart’s call to travel abroad. I said yes and upon returning from my European travel adventure, asked what’s next? I was ready for a new vision. 

As it goes with the ego, once I embraced this next level of fulfillment, self-doubting inner critics showed up with their old-hat patterns of perfectionism and procrastination. Because you know there’s really no reason to take that next courageous step without an absolute guarantee of commercial success, right?! 

Feeling the pain of these patterns woke me up again. I saw that in subtle ways, I was still doing my life in striving mode. Woven in to our misguided cultural mantra, just do more, is a subconscious belief in never enough. There’s never enough time, never enough money, and definitely never enough love and support to be truly successful living your passion. It’s a subtle song of scarcity that fuels the lie. “I will finally love my life when I accomplish the next thing.” 

Chasing your dreams is living a fantasy that says happiness is somewhere down the road, when the truth is that our real lives are right here, right now, happening in this precious moment. Complete with the undone tasks, people who don’t get us, negative bank balance sheets, and the extra ten or twenty pounds.

What a gift, all those years of kidding myself! (Which by the way, probably began at the tender young of four when I saw my first happily-ever-after Disney movie). A gift, because the awareness brought me to a very freeing choice point. How do I want to live out the rest of my precious days? 

I made a radical decision to stop pushing myself hard and love myself and my life as it is—including the buried shame of everything not yet being perfect. I upped my level of self-love and took a really honest look at where I was depriving myself of nourishing self-care. One result so far from this acceptance and self-cherishing has been more inner peace, more aliveness and definitely more sustained happiness. No matter what my life looks like. (This doesn’t mean that I’m in denial, I should point out. It means that I’m attending to what needs shifting free of the shame, guilt and resentment that was making me feel stuck.)

Since I was living this new shift, I felt passionately compelled in April to offer a four-part teleclass series on Soulful Success. My intention is to support you to release struggle and strife and create a soul-inspired life. The series is now available to download and move through at your own pace. Click here for details.

In the course, I share some immensely liberating truths, exercises and meditations that anchor in a solid foundation for true success on your terms. Practicing these tools will support you beautifully in freeing yourself to listen more to your heart--and a lot less to your inner critic and the voice of a culture struggling within broken systems that don’t work anymore. (BTW, we can be the change in those systems by shifting ourselves first.)

Are you ready to let your wise self and true values inform your vision of success? 

To give more air time and life resources to discovering and living your purpose? Instead of living from someone else’s or your old self’s ideas of what your life should look like? 

The sustainability of our planet and your own happiness begins with awakening to your true wealth and inner assets. (Listen to the Just Say Yes! radio archive on Discovering Your Inner Assets here). This will prepare you to move forward passionately from a more solid, stable and sustainable footing. 
 
I believe we're entering a new era. One based on soulful success. We can create this together! Will you join me?

I would love to partner with you through private coaching. Click here to find out more.  

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!